Site Agent – Edinburgh – 12-month contract – £325 per day
Aqua-Tech Recruitment have a fantastic long-term contract opportunity for an experienced Site/Sub Agent for a water treatment plant on the outskirts of Edinburgh. Starting ASAP and lasting for a minimum of 12 months, my client will be looking for the successful applicant to take responsibility for a wide range of tasks involving the day- to-day management of the site. Main duties/responsibilities:
• Preparation of all relevant documentation prior to the commencement of the installation phase of contracts, including but not limited to: site management plans, risk assessments and method statements for activities being undertaken by directly employed resources.
• Reviewing and approval of subcontractors site documentation including but not limited to: risk assessments and method statements, installation programmes and test inspection documentation.
• Management and control of all site activities ensuring that all work is undertaken in a safe and timely manner in accordance with all Safety, Health and Environmental legislation, all relevant contractual timescales and all relevant contract specifications.
• Liaison with the client’s engineering and operational staff to ensure all KPI’s are met or exceeded.
• To work alongside the Contract Engineer and Planner to regularly review the progress of the works ensuring that adherence to the contract programme dates are maintained. This will include the preparation and maintenance of fortnightly look ahead programmes.
• To ensure all required site documentation is completed including, diary sheets, daily allocation sheets, records of delays and changes, financial implications, Health Safety and Environmental documentation
• To undertake Site Inductions and regular Tool Box Talks for all resources visiting and working on the site. • Ensure that site costs are monitored and controlled. • Preparation of progress reports as required.
• Attendance at site visits / meetings.
• Coordination and liaison with suppliers, specialist sub-contractors, in-house functions, site installation and construction teams. • Preparation of material & plant requisitions.
Skills & Qualifications:
• An industry applicable ONC or City & Guilds / NVQ equivalent
• Extensive experience in the delivery of civil engineering and structural refurbishment projects
• Demonstrable experience of working within the heavy civil and/or construction industry
• First Aid Training/NEBOSH • CITB/SSSTS/SMSTS
• A commercial and contractual awareness balanced by excellent man management