Aqua-Tech Recruitment are working with a leading engineering company based in Airdrie who has a requirement for a Mechanical Fitter with water industry experience. The sites will range from Perthshire to Ayrshire. The role involves in house welding, fabrication and machining service. This involves installation of filtration assemblies, structural steelwork, refurbishment of in use machinery and assemblies, pipefitting.
Responsibilities of the role include:
- Providing a wide range of practical mechanical skills, serving the water treatment industry. Including fitting, refurbishment, pipework, surveying and general mechanical maintenance.
- Working to engineering drawings to a high level of accuracy to ensure components are installed and set out accurately.
- Working safely, in accordance with risk assessments and permit to work systems
- Ensuring your work complies with project documentation
- Completion of tasks to time, cost and quality to meet both internal and external customer requirements
- Safety should always be the first priority for any tasks undertaken.
Skills / Qualifications The successful candidate will have the following:
- CSCS card
- Desirable – DOMS/Water Hygiene card
- Desirable – Confined Space card
- A strong commitment to safety
- Competence in the use of a wide range of tools, including power tools such as grinders, drills and saws
- Experience working with mechanical equipment, pipework, access steelwork, pumps and gearboxes
- Experience of working in accordance with risk assessments and undertaking point of work risk assessments
- Experience of working at height and with suspended loads
- Experience in reading and working from detailed engineering drawings
- Experience of hands-on mechanical fitting is essential, and applicants must have excellent practical skills and experience
- Ability to work both unsupervised and as part of a team
Fitters rate is £15.50ph, working a 39-hour week. Please give me a call on 07745 738 036 if this is of interest to you.
Hi, I am Nadia Finlayson and I manage this job.
If you interested in the position, contact me:
Phone: 0131 672 3077
or upload your CV below: