Aqua-Tech Recruitment have a fantastic opportunity for experienced Mechanical Fitters from the Manchester/Preston/Chester areas. These roles will be predominantly site-based working so if you have previous water industry experience, mechanical fitting experience and are looking for a varied and challenging role, we would love to hear from you! The overall purpose for the role is to deliver mechanical maintenance, refurbishment and new installation works including testing & pre-commissioning activities.
Key roles and responsibilities
- Carry out site surveys to understand scope of works and project requirements
- Working with mechanical equipment, pumps, pipework and gearboxes
- Swiftly and comprehensively fault-find, rectifying problems on a variety of mechanical equipment including sewage pumps and valves and associated pipe work, air blowers, screens, filter equipment, tanks, tank bridges.
- Identifying problematic plant and the subsequent faults and to take part in finding efficient solutions to return equipment to working order.
- Actively taking part in risk assessments, COSHH assessment and all related Health and Safety issues, and demonstrate ability to interpret RAMS and prepare daily TSRA’s.
- Assist in working with our mechanical, electrical, instrumentation technicians, commissioning engineers and site client operations staff.
- Responding to emergency breakdowns.
- Working on site and travelling or staying at locations across the United Utilities region.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills and a proactive approach to work.
- NVQ or apprenticeship (or equivalent experience) completed in a relevant discipline
- CSCS Card.
- First Aid Trained.
- DOMS & Water Hygiene Card.
- Desirable – PASMA, EUSR Water Hygiene, Confined Space, Abrasive Wheels, Manual Handling
- A strong commitment to safety
- Competence in the use of a wide range of tools, including power tools such as grinders, drills and saws
- Experience working with mechanical equipment, pipework, access steelwork, pumps and gearboxes
- Experience of working in accordance with risk assessments and undertaking point of work risk assessments
- Experience of working at height and with suspended loads
- Experience in reading and working from detailed engineering drawings
- Experience of hands-on mechanical fitting is essential, and applicants must have excellent practical skills and experience
- Full UK Driving Licence.
- Waste Water industry experience is desirable.
Ability to work both unsupervised and as part of a team