Electrical Technicians North West England (Manchester, Preston, Chester, Cumbria and surrounding areas) £20-22.50 per hour Aqua-Tech Recruitment are currently working with a leading Engineering company who have recently secured a large contract covering Pumping Stations in and around the North West of England. As a result, we are currently looking for up to 20 Industrial Electricians with control panel knowledge/experience. These positions can be either be on a long term contract basis or directly on the books with my client. Successful candidates will possess the ability to modify existing control panels and carry out commissioning tasks.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Carry out site surveys to understand scope of works and project requirements
- Familiar with Water Industry level and flow instruments and how to interrogate parameters
- Assist in installation and commissioning of Wastewater assets
- Carry out field wiring
- Making up the correct wire lengths using the General arrangement drawings
- Fitting components – fuses, MCB’s, Relays, control keypads to MCC starter sections.
- Pre-wiring – understanding phase colours and mounting plate layouts
- Preparation of plug-in bases, Relays
- Preparation of plug-in Relays
- Fitting and making up of power cables
- Selecting the correct cable sizes to Schematic drawings
- Understanding the correct cable/wire termination to be used
- Ability to wire control starter section, ICA doors and control circuits
- Reading and understanding the Schematic and GA’s including: – Fitting of the CT’s, Breakers, Plug in breakers i.e. OF’s, SD’s etc.
- Identifying and correcting schematic drawing errors
- Lay out of control section and modification of existing on site MCCs (pump starter sections)
- Planning and organising the wiring
- Identify faults, snag (and rectify snags) panels
- Understand how electrical circuits work with minimal assistance
- Wire complex control circuits i.e. electrical interlocks, I/O modules with minimal assistance
- You must be a qualified industrial electrical engineer or instrument technician with experience of control panel build and field wiring with understanding of site commissioning
- You must be willing to travel to client sites for installation/commissioning activities
- You must be able to solve problems and think on your feet.
- You must have a keen attention to detail.
- Experience within the water utilities sector