Aqua-Tech Recruitment are currently requiring several site based Electrical Technicians with Control Panel experience with the ability to modify existing control panels and commission for an exciting new project. The ideal candidate must be self-motivated, enthusiastic and conscientious with a high standard of attention to detail. They must be able to read and work from schematic electrical drawings and wiring diagrams and work with limited or no supervision and complete work within allocated time scales. Experience of Wastewater Pumping Stations is highly desirable.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Carry out site surveys to understand scope of works and project requirements
- Familiar with Water Industry level and flow instruments and how to interrogate parameters
- Assist in installation and commissioning of Wastewater assets
- Carry out field wiring
- Making up the correct wire lengths using the General arrangement drawings
- Fitting components – fuses, MCB’s, Relays, control keypads to MCC starter sections.
- Pre-wiring – understanding phase colours and mounting plate layouts
- Preparation of plug-in bases, Relays
- Preparation of plug-in Relays
- Fitting and making up of power cables
- Selecting the correct cable sizes to Schematic drawings
- Understanding the correct cable/wire termination to be used
- Ability to wire control starter section, ICA doors and control circuits
- Reading and understanding the Schematic and GA’s including: – Fitting of the CT’s, Breakers, Plug in breakers i.e. OF’s, SD’s etc.
- Identifying and correcting schematic drawing errors
- Lay out of control section and modification of existing on site MCCs (pump starter sections)
- Planning and organising the wiring
- Identify faults, snag (and rectify snags) panels
- Understand how electrical circuits work with minimal assistance
- Wire complex control circuits i.e. electrical interlocks, I/O modules with minimal assistance
- You must be a qualified industrial electrical engineer or instrument technician with experience of control panel build and field wiring with understanding of site commissioning
- You must be willing to travel to client sites for installation/commissioning activities
- You must be able to solve problems and think on your feet.
- You must have a keen attention to detail.
- Experience within the water utilities sector