Aqua-Tech Recruitment are working with a leading global water technology company who are looking for a Senior Engineering Technician to join their business based in their Inverness Service Centre.
- Supporting the installation, service and refurbishment of submersible and surface mounted pumping equipment, sewage treatment plants and all associated components, including control systems, valves and pipework.
- Analytical survey of control equipment, both electrical and physical.
- Isolate, dismantle and inspect pumping equipment, including moving parts and lubricants.
- Examine and report any defects with regards to the valves and pipework. Report any abnormalities.
- Supply details, measurements, and full descriptions of any components that require replacement.
- Install and commission supplied equipment and all associated apparatus.
- Work as part of a team where health and safety demands.
- Carry out both planned and reactive service visits as scheduled in a timely manner.
- Lifting of access covers, pumping equipment and all associated components from ground level to an approximate depth of 10m using the appropriate tools supplied by the client.
- Working in an outdoor environment in different weather conditions on a daily basis.
- Driving a company vehicle to the standard required by the client, as detailed in the Company policy to and from scheduled and reactive calls.
- To undertake additional duties as required, commensurate with the level of the job.
- Standard hours of work are 39 per week however a totally flexible working attitude is necessary to meet the client and business needs. In addition, evening/weekend on-call duties will be necessary on a rota basis.
Skills /Qualifications Required:
- Electrically qualified to City & Guilds 2330 Level 3 or industry equivalent, (including 18th Edition)
- ECS/ JIB Gold Skills Card Holder
- Good knowledge of pumps/pumping systems, associated equipment, 3 phase industrial electrics, fault finding and testing of electrical components / panels to 18th Edition
- Full driving licence
- Able to use a PDA system and various customer management logging-in systems
- Confined Space Training
Salary is £35k with a van provided.
If this is of interest please call me on 07469 273 385 or send your CV to email@example.com and I will contact you.